The CSTO Permanent Council agreed on draft joint statements on the situation in Afghanistan, on efforts to stabilize the situation in the Middle East and on intensifying cooperation of the CSTO with regional organizations
September 21, this year The CSTO Secretariat, chaired by the Kazakhstan side, held a meeting of the Permanent Council of the Collective Security Treaty Organization.
The draft Joint Statements were reviewed and agreed upon:
- “On the situation in Afghanistan, strengthening the positions of ISIL in the northern provinces of the country and the growth of the threat of drugs from the territory of the IRA”;
- “On efforts to stabilize the situation in the Middle East and North Africa”;
- “On enhancing the cooperation of the CSTO with regional organizations and structures”.
It was decided to submit them in the prescribed manner to the ministers of foreign affairs of the member states of the Organization during their working meeting in New York on September 26, 2018.
The question of the draft agendas of the joint meeting of the COM, the SMO, the CSSC and the session of the Collective Security Council of the Collective Security Treaty Organization was considered.
The work on the projects was also continued:
- Decisions of the Collective Security Council of the Collective Security Treaty Organization "On the Action Plan of the CSTO member states on the development of a collective system to counter illegal migration for the period up to 2025";
- The Declaration of the Collective Security Council of the Collective Security Treaty Organization;
- Resolutions of the 73rd session of the UN General Assembly “Cooperation between the United Nations and the Organization of the Collective Security Treaty”. Consideration of these documents will continue at the next meeting of the CSTO Permanent Council.
Permanent Representative of Armenia to the CSTO David Virabyan informed the Permanent Council on the situation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border.
CSTO Press secretary Vladimir Zainetdinov
+ 7495-621-33-23-tel / fax